Friday, March 17, 2006

The Best Kept Secret in Southern California

It is my opinion that Los Angeles is a literary city as much as New York and even Chicago. (I know I'm going out on a limb making such a bold statement and all, but I can't help it.) One of the best journals to come out of Southern California emerged from Cal Arts. Black Clock debuted with a long list of renowned authors and great fiction. People like Joanna Scott, Aimee Bender, David Foster Wallace and Heidi Julavits all contributed. This journal is produced bi-annually and if you're a writer, they now accept submissions. The work in Black Clock is always thoughtful, edgy and impressive. And anything that Steve Erikson is behind, I'm all for. Please stop over to the website and order a copy now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

l.a. as literary as ny city? hey, let's not get carried away! ;) but black clock does look impressive...